When approved to Self Fly Hire and you are confident with your home airfield, why not work your way through the list of more advanced flying?
- Start by doing a cross country in the local area.
- Cross country with passenger(s) to an alternative airfield. (And treat them to an all-day breakfast – the pilots’ staple diet – at the aerodrome café!).
- Fly to a private site, perhaps a hotel or friend’s property (check with an Elite Instructor for suitability of site beforehand).
- Explore the London Heliroutes (requires instructional flights and approval from the CFI prior to solo flight in the London Control Zone).
- Mountain Flying in Wales.
- Cross Channel flight to Le Touquet/Paris.
- Add another helicopter type to your licence – generally a minimum of 5 hours’ training plus flight test.
- Obtain a Night Qualification.