Commercial Pilot Licence - CPL(H)
This level of licence permits holders to fly helicopters as a career and be paid for their services.
- Must hold a valid PPL(H).
- Hold a valid Class 1 Medical Certificate.
- Have adequate knowledge of the English Language to be able to take instruction.
- Have logged at least 155 hours’ flight time as a pilot in helicopters, including 50 hours as Pilot in Command of which 10 hours shall be cross-country.
- Have completed an approved module of Theoretical Knowledge Instruction. A pass in all of the Theoretical Knowledge Exams at CPL(H) or ATPL(H) level must have been achieved prior to attempting the skills test.
Ground School Subjects
The Ground School subjects for the Commercial Pilot’s Licence can be quite a daunting task, but under the guidance of specialist instruction, candidates are given every assistance to help them gain passes in all subjects. Elite do not offer the Ground School tuition but are able to offer guidance to the best learning providers in the country who offer distance learning or full-time study courses for students.
The subjects to be studied are:
- Air Law
- Operations Procedures
- Aircraft General Knowledge (airframe/systems/power-plant)
- Aircraft General Knowledge – (instruments)
- Radio Navigation
- General Navigation
- Human Performance
- VFR Communications
- Mass and Balance
- Flight Planning & Monitoring
- Principles of Flight
All exams must be passed within 18 months of your first sitting. Only six sittings are permitted and if a subject is failed, a maximum of three resits is permitted.
The instructors here at Elite will always be on hand to help with your Ground School is needed.
Commercial Flying Course
Plus 5 hours Night Flying if the candidate does not already hold a Night Rating.
Flight test carried out by CAA appointed Examiner.
Visit the ATPL Finance website for further information.
How Much Does It Cost?
If you have any questions and want to know the prices, please feel free to get in touch.